Highpoint Advisory Services Gives You
Freedom to Focus on Your Business
What we do for you:
- Set up and customization – After we set up your QuickBooks software, we help you customize it specifically for your business–including integrating third party apps that help your business run smoothly and efficiently.
- Employee Training – Our Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors provide personalized training for you and your employees at your location.
- Bookkeeping Services – Review monthly or quarterly transactions, reconcile the balance sheet accounts, and prepare required reports.
- Periodic Tune Ups – We are available to perform periodic reviews of your QuickBooks system.
10 Reasons Why You Should Use QuickBooks QuickBooks is the ideal business accounting software for small to mid-sized business owners. Here’s 10 reasons why you should be using QuickBooks.
- You save time on bookkeeping and paperwork because many of simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically making it easier to run your business.
- You can easily generate the reports with the information you need, so you always know where your business stands. You instantly know whether you’re making money and whether your business is healthy.
- You save money because QuickBooks is so affordable. You can use it to run a $5 million or a $25 million business for a few hundred bucks. Accounting software is truly one of the great bargains in business.
- Your business can grow with QuickBooks. QuickBooks will help you design a business plan to use when trying to secure a small business loan or line of credit or to plan for the future. QuickBooks will create a projected balance sheet, profit and loss statement and statement of cash flows in the format recommended by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- You can customize QuickBooks to work the way you want. QuickBooks is specifically designed to be flexible and adaptable to a wide range of small businesses. To broaden its appeal, QuickBooks has recently added customized accounting packages for contractors, retailers, health care professionals, and non-profit organizations.
- You can rest assured knowing that QuickBooks is a stable, reliable and proven product. Hundreds of thousands of small businesses throughout the world have chosen QuickBooks as their accounting software. You can’t go wrong with a software program with such an extensive installed user base.
- You save typing time and errors by sharing data between QuickBooks and over 100 business applications. You can even share data with popular programs, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and ACT.
- You will get paid faster with QuickBooks online payments. E-mail an invoice or statement and with QuickBooks Online Billing, your customer can easily pay you with a credit card or bank account transfer. No more waiting for the check in the mail!
- You can easily accept credit cards. With QuickBooks Merchant Account Service, you can accept credit cards with ease. QuickBooks Merchant Account Service is the only credit card acceptance service integrated with QuickBooks software, which means you don’t have to enter the same data twice. No additional software or hardware is required. Your customers can use Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- You can pay your bills and handle your banking online. Setup your current bank account in QuickBooks, and you’re ready to pay your bills without licking envelopes, sticking stamps, or printing paper checks. Just write checks in QuickBooks as you normally would, then click a button and your participating bank does the rest! Pay anyone in the U.S. from your credit card companies to your pizza service. Online banking also lets you download your monthly statement from your participating bank directly into QuickBooks for easier reconciliation.
Quickbooks SetupAlthough QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand and operate, the initial setup must be correct to reflect factual financial statements. All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup QuickBooks on your desktop or QuickBooks Online. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year. Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances? We can easily answer all these questions and complete the initial setup in a timely manner. How much does it cost? We first need to find out a little more about your business and your accounting records before we quote you an exact price. As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs with you.
- Install software, design and set up your chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll.
- Determine of your QuickBooks starting date.
- Load your chart of account and balances as of that starting date.
- Prepare a list of service items that you sell to your customers.
- Enter your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date.
- Enter your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks and deposits in transit as of your starting date.
- Print a trial balance as of your starting date and compare it to your trial balance from your old system.
- Enter a few of your transactions since your starting date into QuickBooks and teach you and/or employees to enter these transactions.
- Teach client or client staff in use of software to meet your accounting, management and tax needs.
- Follow up training to ensure you are “on the right track”.
- Monthly, quarterly or annual review of your QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.
Once QuickBooks is set up and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate QuickBooks specifically for your business.
Why choose one-on-one attention instead of taking a class?
- We come to your location.
- We focus on the individual issues facing your business.
- We will be there to answer your specific questions and concerns.
- No need to spend time on features that don’t impact your business!
Overhaul your accounting system with a QuickBooks Review. Whether you need to prepare for tax time, a financial compilation or you just need to clean up some problem areas, you’ll be prepared with a QuickBooks Review.
- Review your transactions for the year
- Customize reports
- Balance general ledger to subsidiary records
- Additional personalized training