On the Desktop version for all versions:
- If you are a current QuickBooks user, you will notice immediately when opening QuickBooks 2013 the visual design overhaul has a larger font size which is easier on the eyes than prior versions of QuickBooks. When you open QB 2013 for the first time, it has a lay over screen which highlights the new features from the home page.
- The navigation icon bar is defaulted to the left side of the home page. Intuit also added My Shortcuts, My Apps, To Do, View Balances and Run Favorite Reports along with Do More With QuickBooks on the Icon Bar when it is on the left. This allows for one click access. Please note you can change the icon bar to the top, however, it will only show the navigation icons.
- Quickly and easily enter groups of transactions, or paste and save more than 1,000 transactions from Excel into QuickBooks.
- Ribbons on transaction windows – Easy access to commonly used menu items in forms such as Add Time/Costs and Refund/Credit on Invoices and Select PO and Pay Bill on Bills.
In addition to the features listed above, the Enterprise edition includes the following new and/or improved features:
- Default Class Assignment
- Increased List Limits from 10,000 to 100,000 such as chart of accounts
- Inventory report now includes Use Available Quantity for Re-order Points
- Auto create Purchase Orders
- Bin Tracking
- Bar Code Scanning directly in QuickBooks
New Features for QuickBooks Online include:
- Downloaded Transactions: This feature eliminates human error by automatically importing and categorizing new transaction information.
- Money Bar: Get paid faster by using Money Bar, which centralizes income forms, summarizes totals for due or past due transaction items, and guides users on next steps.
- Third-Party Apps: Browse through the Intuit App Center to find fully integrated apps that create tailored solutions.
- QuickBooks Online on-the-go: QuickBooks Mobile provides small business owners with complete access to their accounts wherever they are. This comprehensive and free companion app is now available for Apple and Android.
If you would like to learn more about this tax strategy, please call Susan at 847.895.9880.